Swipe Lane Path Move Node for Buildbox 3 + 2 FREE Demo Templates & Assets
A downloadable asset pack
This node allows you to create Buildbox 3 games with a character moving along a path with support for lanes and swipe gestures to change lane.
This node merges the functionalities of the "Swipe3 Lanes" asset and the "Path Move" node and adds a lot of customizable attributes.
Just check the pictures and the video for a demo of what you can achieve with it!
Please note that Buildbox 3.3.4+ is required to open the files included in the package.
WHAT'S INCLUDED IN THE PACKAGE?
1 BBNODE file for Buildbox 3, the Swipe Lane Path Move Node V.1.3 itself.
1 BBDOC file for Buildbox 3.3.4.
2 FREE DEMO GAMES / TEMPLATES are included in the BBDOC file.
12 BBASSET files for Buildbox 3 (2 characters + 10 objects).
1 README text file with node description and details.
1 LICENSE AGREEMENT text file.
YOU'LL GET THE FOLLOWING ORIGINAL ASSETS AND GOODIES FOR FREE!
1 3D MODEL for the vehicle (OBJ, PNG & MTL files included).
2 MP3 TRACKS (Somewhatcountry Lively and Somewhatcountry Quiet, 30s length).
6 ROAD / TERRAIN TILES, all in PNG format, tilable on both X & Y axis.
Following is a complete list of the node inputs and available attributes.
The node has 4 inputs:
* Enabled: to enable the node; once enabled speed is set according to the corresponding attribute.
* Jump: if this input is enabled the character will jump; useful to add a button to control jumps for example.
* Swipe Left: if enabled the character will react as if a swipe left occurred. Useful to add alternative inputs.
* Swipe Right: if enabled the character will react as if a swipe right occurred. Useful to add alternative inputs.
The node natively supports and recognizes Left/Right Swipe gestures.
The node also supports alternative inputs, like UI Buttons, keyboard keys or mouse buttons.
* Speed: speed at which the character will move on the path in the current world scene.
* Height Over Path: height of the character over the game path.
* Jump force: force to apply to a jump, set to 0 to disable jumps. Suggested value: between 0 and 3.
* Max Jumps: max number of consecutive jumps; 1 is a single jump, 2 is a double jump, 3 a triple jump and so on.
* Movement smoothing: easing applied to character movements. Suggested value: between 0.5 (extremely snappy) and 0.99 (extremely smooth).
* Swipe sensitivity: sensitivity to swipe movements. Suggested value between 0.1 (low sensitivity) and 1.0 (high sensitivity).
LANES / PATH
* Lanes: number of lanes the character will be able to move on. Must be >= 2.
* Starting lane: starting lane for the character.
Lanes are numbered left to right; example: with 3 lanes the left one is lane 1, middle one is lane 2, right one is lane 3. Allowed values between 1 and 'Lanes'.
* Path Usable %: how much of the track size can be used by the character in percentage; useful to leave a margin on the sides of the track.
Must be >= 1. Should be <= 100. Accepts values up to 200 in case you wish your character to be able to go outside of the track.
* Variable Path Size: if enabled recognizes when the path size changes (narrower or broader) and updates the car position accordingly. This attribute is disabled by default, enabling it will cause additional calculations in the update(dt) function.
* Smooth Move At Start: might be useful when the starting lane is not the middle one.
If checked, the character will move smoothly from the middle lane to the specified Starting Lane.
* Allow Contact Swipes: if enabled the player can swipe multiple times keeping the finger on the screen.
* Enable Touch Events: enabled by default, allows the use of a swipe movement on screen to move the character left or right.
You might want to disable touch movements, for example if you wish to use UI buttons and/or keyboard buttons instead.
* Enable Warnings: useful for debug, enable warning messages when one of the attributes has an out of range value.
If an attribute has an out of range value it is always set to an in range value, regardless of this setting.
* Enable Steering: if checked steering is enabled and the character will rotate left or right when changing lane.
Useful to simulate steering when the character is a vehicle.
* Steering Amount: steering angle in degrees. Suggested value: between 0 and 45.
* Steering Smoothing: easing applied to character when returning to normal position after steering. Suggested value: between 0.8 and 0.98.
V.1.2 - First released version.
V.1.3 - Added support for paths of variable size.
YOU ARE ALLOWED TO:
- use this asset in any number of personal or commercial softwares.
- publish and/or sell any software which uses this asset with no
- transfer the ownership of any software which makes use of this
asset to a third party; in such a case you forfeit any right to
use this asset unless you buy another copy of it.
- use the asset to create derivative works.
YOU ARE NOT ALLOWED TO:
- give away or resell the asset or any part of it, either as an
asset on its own or as part of another asset or template in an
asset store or by any other means.
- give away or resell any derivative work created with this asset or
any part of it, either as an asset on its own or as part of
another asset or template in an asset store or by any other means.
- allow users of the softwares you created to access, extract and/or
use the asset outside of the software.
- remove this license agreement from the asset.
Not required at all but always appreciated.
In order to download this asset pack you must purchase it at or above the minimum price of 44.85€ EUR. You will get access to the following files:
Leave a comment
Log in with itch.io to leave a comment.